Saturday, September 18, 2010

And when there is no more to be desired, there is an end of it.

Ok, so yesterday (yesterday, right? Ugh, my days are running together) we went over my basic reason for becoming a doctor, although I left out the sappy, caring being information, but you will be fine, believe me.

Today I will go over my decision to become a Hanoverian. (It is a fine school, even to a pessimist like me.) This I will do since I am sure all of my now thousands of readers (yeah, right) are dying to hear why I chose Hanover College. Well, fret no more my friends, here is your explanation:

I knew I wanted to go somewhere in Indiana. This is simply for the fact that mom was experiencing some anxiety about the distance (yes, my mother was more anxious than I) and so I decided to appease her and go somewhere relatively close.

That is reason number one. The second pertains to the beauty of the campus and the friendliness of the school staff. Both of these issues were very important to me in my search for a campus worthy of my presence.

Hanover is an astoundingly lovely campus. It is almost pure nature, and is surrounded by a lush forest, waterfalls, and good 'ol Indiana farmland. I felt instantly at home. And to top it off, I even made friends with the charming gentleman in charge of the food services on campus after he thoughtfully singled me out at our leap session (pre-class sign up). And so, there was obviously no other campus fit for my tuition (which is hefty, but worth it.)

And I am very happy here, at least in class, where I feel the most at home; inside a textbook, working diligently on a paper, etc. And I am sure I will be "in class" most of the time, much to the dismay of a few (like literally 1 or 2) friends who seem to like me (I'm still not sure why. . ) But I guess I'm not here for friends (which is quite obvious if you chart my actions around others) but simply here to get through class and get accepted to a decent (by that I mean astonishingly good) medical school.

And I will get accepted into a "decent" medical school. (Yes, you can quote me.)

Alrighty then, that is a bit of reading. I guess it doesn't matter though, all you (now millions of) readers will bask in the smooth delicacy that is my writing. Enjoy.


"I would do what I pleased, and doing what I pleased, I should have my will, and having my will, I should be contented; and when one is contented, there is no more to be desired; and when there is no more to be desired, there is an end of it." - Don Quixote, Part 1, book 4, ch. 23

No comments:

Post a Comment